Your body is not unlike your car — an efficient machine that performs consistently only when it is given proper care. And just like a car needs a regular change of oil and various filters to eliminate the waste products that degrade its performance, the body needs to be cleared of the chemicals and toxins that clog its system.
Many of these toxins are the destructive side effects of our chemical inventions, from the preservatives and additives found in foods or the contaminants in the water supply to the formaldehyde in carpets and furniture. Your body can process and eliminate some of the hordes of chemicals that enter, but the overflow gets stored in the liver, lungs, kidneys, fat cells, intestines, blood stream, and skin — which can result in chronic illnesses down the road.
Feel Fresh with a Daily Detox
Here is a full day of practices to gently detoxify your body:
1. Begin your day with gentle stretches that warm up your body and awaken your mind.
2. Make yourself some cleansing lemon tea. Simply heat up filtered water and squeeze half of a lemon in it. This will cleanse your digestive system.
3. For your detox diet, choose high fiber and organic foods, and eat more beans, brown rice, oat bran, vegetables, fruits, and chicken or turkey. The “Super Cleanse Broth” will spring you into good health. To make, simply prepare a broth from: collards, Swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, cabbage, dandelion, Brussels sprouts, daikon radish, watercress, seaweed, shitake mushrooms, cilantro, garlic, leeks, fennel, anise, ginger, and turmeric.
4. Drink your veggies in juice form! Try a terrific detox juice made with Aloe vera juice, apples, asparagus, beet greens, cabbage, carrot greens, celery, cucumbers, and parsley.
5. Soak for 20 minutes in a revitalizing herbal bath. To help draw out toxins, infuse your bath water with eucalyptus, wintergreen, peppermint, fennel, cinnamon, and epsom salts.
Whether steeped into tea or added to your cooking, you can use these potent cleansing herbs to remove toxic build up and wastes from your body:
• Chrysanthemum flower: Traditionally used to cleanse the liver, brighten vision, and neutralize toxins – and studies show that chrysanthemum lowers blood pressure and cholesterol and balances blood sugar.
• Dandelion: Research shows that dandelion root enhances the flow of bile, improving liver conditions such as hepatitis, gallstones, and jaundice.
• Milk thistle: Extensive research has found that the major component of milk thistle extract, silymarin, has a protective and a restorative effect on the liver, stimulating the growth of new liver cells to replace old damaged cells.
• Hawthorn berry: A famous cardiovascular tonic that is chock full of antioxidants, hawthorn is used to cleanse the blood of plaque and other toxins; according to studies, it helps the body maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure.
• Turmeric: A common spice, turmeric speeds up the detoxification process in the whole body by increasing bile production and release, eliminating toxins like heavy metals and other chemicals.
• Seaweed: The algin in seaweed absorbs toxins from the digestive system and has been thought to absorb and remove drugs, chemicals, heavy metals, and radioactive strontium from the body. Some experts claim that seaweed’s active ingredient, sodium alginate, binds these toxins in the gastrointestinal tract, preventing their absorption into the body.
I hope you find the ways to detoxify your whole being!
May you stay healthy, live long, and live happy!